We are a CDMO focused on biologics manufacturing with extensive experience in biologics overexpression decoding, providing cell line transformation, banking and characterization (cGMP if required), analytical development, process development (USP and DSP) and batch production services.
Due to the rapid growth of our company, we are looking for an Upstream Technician to join a young, multidisciplinary and highly qualified team to work in a leading biotech company.
Your daily work will focus on:
Preparation, start-up, monitoring, control and process development for the production of recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies or similar biological molecules in microorganisms.
Bioreactor handling and scale-up experience.
Design of experiments for the improvement and optimization of culture media.
Prepare technical reports to report to the client and supervise the rest of the technicians in charge.
Propose and elaborate procedures and instructions in the area of his/her competence.
Define and manage the technical execution of projects.
Responsible for supervising and ensuring a correct transfer of technology from external companies.
Participate in staff training, as well as producing training course material when necessary.
Participation in internal/external audits as required by the Quality Department.
Reporting results to the Project Manager or client.
Support the Project Manager in meetings with the client as deemed necessary.
Comply with all safety standards set out in the job related risk protocol
Record any Non-Conformities detected during the production process and participate in the investigation of the same together with the Project Manager.
Experience and skills required:
- Degree or PhD in Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in process development for the production of recombinant proteins.
- At least 3 years of experience in the biotech industry, working in the USP area (production of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies), from process development to scale-up.
- Used to work in multidisciplinary teams with interaction with other departments of the company and external customers.
- Experience in providing know-how to ensure proper technology transfer as well as proposing improvements in quality, cost, performance, time and safety.
- Experience in preparing documentation (SOPs, protocols, reports) in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Fluent in English
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Management of personnel assigned to your discipline
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send us an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (subject: Upstream Technician).