We’re in luck at BDI biotech. This year, we went above and beyond by obtaining our ISO 14001 certification in addition to renewing our ISO 9001 quality certification.
The ISO 14001 outlines the specifications for an environmental management system (EMS) that enables the organization to reduce their environmental footprint. These specifications provide a framework for environmental protection and responding to current climate variability in balance with socio-economic needs.
This new certification demonstrates to our team, partners and clients that our environmental impact is being controlled, measured and continually improved. It represents a further degree of awareness on environmental protection throughout the life cycle of our services.
General objectives for the implementation of ISO 14001
It is important to highlight the general objectives of this policy:
- Prevent and reduce the impact of our activity on the environment.
- Achieve compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Improve environmental performance.
- Control the life cycle of our services.
- Achieve the implementation of greener and sustainable solutions, enhancing BDI Biotech’s position in the market.
- Reduce the number of resources that are consumed, prevent their waste, and, if waste does occur, move forward with their proper segregation.
The process of acquiring this new certification has helped us in reviewing all of the environmental practices currently in place at BDI biotech. It was a chance to add value in several ways, among which we will highlight:
- Development of environmental policy and objectives.
- Measurement and control of all resource consumption (water, electricity, paper, etc.)
- In-company training in environmental matters for 100% of the workforce
If you want to know more details of our quality and environmental policies, we invite you to visit our Quality Policy page, where you will find all the information you need.
About BDI biotech
BDI biotech provides biotechnological services and solutions in the AgroIndustrial and Food fields to bring ideas from bench to reality. The company works as an external R&D department specialized in bioprocess development and scale up. BDI services include Strain Selection & Improvement, Process Development & Scale Up, Productions and Project evaluations. Get in touch if you want to know more about our services.